Council Tools PR30 Engineer's Hammer
3 pound engineer hammer with hickory handle.Overall length of 15 inches.
* Forged tool steel head, Made in USA, with clear laquer finish to deter rust.
* Striking face is precision-machined with proper radius and chamfer (bevel), providing safer performance.
* Heat treated after machining for increased depth of hardness. (Turning after hardening looks more attractive (on competitors' tools) but leaves less depth.
* Heat treatment produces fine grain structure and Rc 46-54 (Rockwell) for safety and toughness.
* 15" American-made hickory handle is kiln dried before turning. Eye section is then dried below 10% moisture content prior to assembly.
* Handle is hydraulically inserted into head and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge, providing a very secure mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2" of handle length is removed during assembly.
* Meets or exceeds ASME B107.54.2001.