Carlson SurvCE - Prices Start at:
Powerful Data Collection with Carlson SurvCE
Carlson SurvCE is the first choice in data collection software, combining advanced functionality, ease-of-use, and sheer capability:
- Get the software that supports a wide variety of equipment, old or new [Click here to see if your hardware is supported.]
- Enjoy excellent, free (and prompt) technical support
- Be heard – Carlson listens to its customers’ input for new features or drivers for all of its products
Carlson SurvCE is a complete data collection system for Real Time (RTK) GPS and Total Stations with in-field coordinate geometry. It supports the widest range of popular and new release RTK GPS and conventional/ robotic total stations.
Existing users, please visit the Carlson SurvCE resource center: SurvCE.com
SurvCE 4.0 has been released and is now ready for download. Constantly being upgraded, SurvCE 4.0 gives users the option to import text in drawings in addition to blocks; allows GPS base records from the raw file to be processed into the CRD file; and offers a new 2D sketch polyline and snap option. Version 4.0 of Carlson Software’s SurvCE data collection software now includes a Live Digital Level (LDL) or electronic bubble vial feature. Learn how to configure SurvCE 4.0 for the LDL.
Top new SurvCE 4.0 features include:
- Supports full output reporting in GNSS analysis
- GPS base records from the raw file may be processed into the CRD File
- Has full compatibility with the Stewart Weir Software
- Enhanced performance on new capacitive screen data collectors
- Description edit boxes now allow easy access to feature code list
- Field-to-Finish supports creating circles
- Point project automatically creates a customizable output file containing station, offset, and elevation and other user-defined fields
- Supports LandXML Road Model
- Allows GIS storing in any stakeout routine
- Supports text import from drawings
- RW5 file now reads and writes faster
- Supports freehand sketching in the map screen
- Brazil SIRGAS 2000 UTM Zone 18S is now supported
- Supports scalable pixels in background images
- Calculate Area/ Sliding uses a new faster and more robust method
Top features from 3.0 release:
- Ability to stake roads by complete LandXML Road Model—a new method augmenting “By Sections,” “By Templates,” and “From Map”
- Ability to use point “blocks” from drawings as point symbols or as objects to snap to for stakeout or for creating alignments, with GIS attributes associated with blocks recognized;
- Messaging and file transfer office to field or peer-to-peer in field;
- New techniques for best fit smooth curves and tangent curves using Field-to-Finish;
- Use of RTCM 3.1 messages from virtual reference stations to auto-compute grid and geoid shifts.
Easy to use
- Tab-Based MENU Structure. All commands are visible in each menu, preventing the need for Up-Down Arrow Keying to view options.
- Collect points in the graphics mode. Points plot as they are shot in the field or entered. There is no need to switch between screens to view your points.
Read in LandXML
- Supports LandXML points, DTM, graphics, alignments, profiles and sections.
- SurvCE has a colorful look. Icons have been standardized to create continuity throughout the product, while modernizing the user experience.
- The Hot List lets users jump to the SurvCE routines that previously had shortcuts without having to memorize key strokes. It also provides shortcut functionality to devices without keyboards.
- SurvCE can compute volumes between two surfaces, one surface and an elevation or simple stockpile volumes. Surfaces can be defined by graphical entities and points or by Carlson TIN files.
- The software has optional on-board help files. These files are the entire user manual and can be installed separately. Click on the SurvCE icon and select Help to get the help document that pertains to the current routine.
- SurvCE can be used to collect trigonometric level loops and digital level loops. Loops can be processed and adjusted on the device and all existing project coordinate points can be updated.
- SurvCE supports several GPS network protocols, such as NTRIP, TCP and UDP.
- The software supports an unlimited number of localization points. All project scale settings and coordinate system options have been centrally located in the localization dialog.
Angle Sets in Store Points
- SurvCE allows users to “Configure” how each reading is measured with regard to direct and reverse options (Formerly know as SS/Trav). If direct and reverse readings are taken at the backsight, then any direct and reverse foresight will be considered an angle set and will be reduced accordingly. This eliminates the need to use a separate routine for angle sets.
- SurvCE supports station equations.
- SurvCE has the option to use a template DXF file for new jobs so that all layers and colors are automatically created per your company standard
- It has the option to auto-load cutsheets and control files from the previous job for those users that work on one site continuously
- SurvCE has the ability to turn off the auto-descriptions in stakeout and completely customize how all stakeout routines behave
- Point Number by Interval –SurvCE can interval the point ID by using the “Add to Next Pt ID” option. To number all points on the odd numbers, start at 1 and use 2 in this field.
- SurvCE can collect parallel lines using the offset horizontal and offset vertical line drawing commands and close a rectangle by three points using the rectangle command. In the settings section of Special Codes, the user can even auto compute and store the additional points at the line vertices that were created by the software.
- SurvCE allows the user to code in numerous coding styles that may be defined by their office package.
- SurvCE keeps track of every instrument completely separate. This includes all base stations, rovers and total stations, so that mixing equipment is easy. Simply configure your gear once and forget it. The instrument icon has been enhanced to allow you to switch between your current equipment.
Skew Angle Staking
SurvCE supports staking offsets on a skew angle and provides the option to stake offset intersections and bisectors at angle points and the radius or PI point of an arc without leaving the Stake Line/Arc routine.
SurvCE Has More
- Supported Instruments
- Supported File Formats
- Supported Handheld Devices